Why is it, only a very small percentage, of those seeking, and assuming, positions of leadership, ever become, true, genuine, meaningful, effective leaders? Why do we often witness, supposed, leader, after – leader, continue to proceed, with the same – old, same – old, even though, the previous results, have been, anything but, stellar? When we, finally, prioritize, electing, individuals, who emphasize service, and the best interests of those, they serve and represent, many seem to avoid facing the FACTS, rather than seeking viable solutions, etc! This behavior, consistently, puts, sustainability, at – risk, because, unless/ until, action and strategic planning, is based on reality, needs, and priorities, how can we possibly, expect a group to be meaningful, and sustainable? With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine, review, consider, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and why it matters.
1. Faith; future; fruition; fears: How can anyone overcome their fears, unless/ until, the emphasis, is on a quality future, and keeping the faith of those one serves, and represents? A true leader must be ready, willing, and able, to proceed forward, consistently, and focus on making a quality, viable group, by perceiving and conceiving of, creating, developing, and implementing, the finest, most relevant, sustainable, well – considered, strategic and action plan, and bringing it, to a successful fruition!
2. Attitude; attention; aptitude; articulate: Quality must begin with, a true, positive, can – do, attitude, and a willingness, to pay keen attention, to needs, goals, priorities, and perceptions, and address these! To do so, a potential leader must effectively, professionally, learn, and developed, a well – defined, relevant aptitude, and skill – set, and a willingness, to articulate a compelling, inspiring, motivating message!
3. Character; clarity; cooperate: The most essential, component of quality leadership, is proceeding with the quality character, which focuses on the common – good! The message must be focused, and that clarity, must be articulated in an inspiring way! Only when the focus is on cooperation, and a meeting – of – the – minds, for the common – good, will the individual, be worthy of being considered, a leader!
4. Timely; trends; trendsetter: Rather than remaining within the restrictions of one’s comfort zone, it’s important, for a leader, to recognize relevant trends, and be a trendsetter! When this is accompanied with, well – considered, timely action, and planning, one’s group, will benefit!
5. Strength; stronger; serve/ service; sustainable: If a leader proceeds with inner – strength, and a desire to make his group stronger, he will emphasize service to others, and serving them, rather than his personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! Quality leadership is not based on popularity, or merely, the present, but whether one visualizes the future, and ramifications, and plans, to create the best – possible, sustainable future!
Groups benefit when their leaders proceed, in a relevant, sustainable way, and face the FACTS. Are you up to the task?