While many people, are attracted to certain aspects of leading, far fewer, actually, end up, being, meaningful, relevant, quality leaders! This is, because, perhaps, there is little true understanding, of what it takes, to lead, and serve/ represent, a particular organization, and stakeholders. I have written many articles on the necessary skills, and developing a relevant, well – developed, aptitude, but, even if one possesses, all of these, until/ unless, he gets his constituents, to TRUST him, by earning that trust, by his actions and intentions, rather than empty promises, and rhetoric, he will be challenged, to become, a true leader. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, some of the necessities, of achieving, and earning, this.
1. Timely: It’s important to go, beyond, articulating, temporary popularity, but becoming a quality planner, who clearly considers, without pre – judgment, the best way, to proceed, and going to go, beyond the limitations of any pre – conceived, comfort zone! Only when a leader, looks at needs, goals, priorities, etc, and considers the bigger – picture, and becomes, ready, willing, and able to take well – considered, timely action, will others, believe, he is worth following, and believing in!
2. Relevant; reliable; responsive; realistic: Instead of empty promises, and rhetoric, seek someone who considers realistic needs, and focuses on relevant solutions! If you hope to earn the trust, you must introduce, reliable, responsive, realistic, strategic and action plans, which are, both, actually, as well as perceived as, serving others, rather than any political/ personal agenda, and/ or, self – interest!
3. Useful; usable; unique: Why do you believe, you possess, certain unique characteristics, and/ or, qualities, which make you, the best choice, to serve, as a leader? It’s essential, to proceed, with, both, usable, and useful, plans, options, and relevant, sustainable actions!
4. Service; sustainable; system; stronger: The best leadership must be based on relevant service, which is truly, sustainable. A real leader perceives of, creates, implements, and produces a system, which makes the group, stronger, in every possible manner!
5. Tendencies; trends: Until/ unless, someone, opens, their minds, and considers the relevant trends, which might, make a meaningful difference, for the better, how can he, deserve anyone’s trust, and, thus, be worthy, of being followed? These tendencies must be inherent, and realistic!
If you want to be a real leader, you must be ready, willing, and able, to earn the TRUST, of those, one serves, and represents! Are you the right person, to lead?