As you may know by now, I am the founder of the PlusSize Life a personal development movement and empowerment movement designed specifically for plus size women. I have gotten numerous emails from curious folks on what is personal development and how does this relates to the plus size woman, ao in this article I will define personal development and how does it relate to the plus size woman.
First Things First, Personal Development is the study and practice of improving your personal life. Personal Development is a broad subject that includes improving areas such as Health & Wellness, Faith & Spirituality, Business & Finances, and Love & Relationships, and other personal goals. There are common aspects of Personal Development which include goal setting, motivation, changing habits, improving awareness, identifying one’s values and beliefs, and self-actualization which is fulfilling ones individual potential. Personal Development has been a growing buz in recent years and now more and more people are in pursuit of happiness and satisfaction. There are different ways we can improve our lives and there are more resources and information available than ever before on how to live a happy, healthy, and fulfilled life. Because of the surplus of information, there is great confusion as to where to start first. The purpose of me writing this article is shed light on the foundations to personal development and to help you get started.
- You are responsible for how you live your life. The first principle in personal development is to understand a vital principle which is your thoughts and actions are a major factor in what they get out of life.
- Know what you want so that you can achieve it. Do Not go through life wandering, without a clear destination in mind. It is very important to identify your values in life before you can achieve them.
- Pay the price now so that you can live the life that you want later. Making the decision to change your life is not an easy task; it requires work, and you may even fail. There is no secret sauce, magic potion, or blueprints for you to follow because we are all different. You have to be willing to invest in yourself, which requires paying a short-term price that lead to long-term gain.
- Be prepred to change no matter what. The truth of the matter is that whether we are active or not in our personal development, we will change. We may change for the good or for the bad but we can not escape change. It is important that you choose to make positive changes.
- What you think matters. Your thoughts are important and there are consequences for thinking them. Your thoughts create your reality. In addition your thoughts strongly influences how you act and how you act will determine the results you get out of life.
- Change your habits. Make a habit to create positive habits. As the saying goes, “If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always got.” In addition, make sure that you try to new habits. You won’t know what the correct course of action is until we have experimented with different things.
- Live in the moment. Every decision that you make and every action that you take will uncover the present moment. Be more aware you are to the present, the greater control you have over your day-to-day situations and actions.
- Learn fromhistory rather than repeat it. While we can’t change our past, but we can often look back on it and learn from our past mistakes and past successes.
- Think positive about your future. You may not know what the future may bring, but if you remain positive and have faith you allow yourself to act in ways that help create the reality of your dreams.
Personal Development, Me, and The PlusSize Woman My Desire is to Connect with PlusSize Women that are Craving to Live Bigger and Larger than they have Ever Dreamed or Imagined but In Full Color and Embrace what it truly mean to Live Life PlusSize because there is Life outside of the Scale. My pupose is to empower, inspire, encourage and share my knowledge with others. You are a WINNER! You have been given ONE Life and YOU can do great things in this life if only YOU unlock the PLUS SIZE potential that is hidden within YOU and believe that YOU are deserving and worthy of Complete WHOLENESS. Plus Size Women MUST Live, Breath and Respond like a CONQUER. It is a lifestyle…Believe it, See it, Have it, at the very moment that YOU Accept it, which is NOW!
Bottom Line…It is impossible for me to satisfactory sum up the whole personal development movement in this article, but these are some of the key principles that you will learn about throughout your development. Keep these ideas in the forefrontof your mind and as we explore and develop you will learn about them with greater detail. Personal development is not an overnight process. It is an ongoing process. Our lives are always changing, and thus there are always new and better ways for us to think and act. There is always progress to be made. There is nothing wrong with a continuous process to a better you. Personal development is different for everyone. It is one of the most, if not the most important journeys one can take. We all strive for happiness. Obviously, one person’s definition of happiness is different from another’s but don’t spend time complaining about your life if you are not going to do something about it.
Take This Opportunity to Reflect on Your Personal Development Plan. Click Here
Let’s Get It!