Although, we often, refer to the concept, of our frame – of – mind, in terms of its essential impact, on our actions, priorities, perceptions, and goals, so it should not be surprising, the eventual success of a true leader, is often based, on how, he FRAMES his personal perspectives/ mind, in order to determine, the best way, for he, to, personally, proceed. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly consider, review, identify, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, some of what, this means, and represents, in order, to become the finest leader, we might possibly become.
1. Face facts; focus; future; fruition: A true leader, must avoid, the tendency, to proceed, in a state, of denial, but rather, become ready, willing, and able, to realistically, face facts, and focus on the best way to proceed, in a positive way! Great leaders realize, they must avoid populist, simplistic, band – aid, ideas and approaches, and pursue creating, the most desirable future! How one proceeds, and persists, when the rest – of – the – pack, retreats, generally determines, whether his strategy, and action plan, move towards the finest possible, fruition!
2. Reasoning; relevant; responsive: Do you have the level of reasoning, to produce relevant, responsive actions, which will address, both your perceptions, as well as those of your constituents?
3. Attitude; attention; aptitude; assumptions: Will you succumb, to your personal assumptions, rather than fully considering, as many viable options and alternatives, as possible? A true leader must possess a positive, can – do, attitude, and be willing to pay keen attention, to the needs, priorities, and possibilities! When a proper attitude, is combined with the commitment to develop the most relevant, quality aptitude, everyone wins!
4. Motivating; motives; make mark: In order to make the necessary connection, with those one serves and represents, he must articulate a motivating, inspiring message, and reason, for others to care more deeply, and become, more involved and committed! Before embarking on a leadership position, it would be wise, if each of us, would, fully examine and consider, our true, personal motives, for wanting to become a leader. Until/ unless, the emphasis is on making one’s mark, for the better, the best leadership, rarely, comes about!
5. Empathy; emphasis; energy; excellence: One should begin the process, with a willingness, to listen effectively, and learn from every conversation and experience, and place his emphasis, on providing excellence, and service, to those he serves and represents! Constituents are energized by the energy, provided, by their leaders!
6. System; sustainable solutions: A real leader must develop and utilize the finest system, in order to achieve the most desirable, sustainable solutions!
Much of a potential leader’s impact, is determined by how he FRAMES his mind. Should you seek to be a leader?